SEE OUR 25+ REVIEWS ON GOOGLE to find out what past guests have said about Southerly Change (just search for 'Southerly Change Gerroa'). Super-spacious, sunny & stylish holiday house ideal for two families or group of friends. Perfectly located: stroll to Seven Mile beach, cafe, shop & park. Soak up ocean views & enjoy FREE Netflix & Wifi in air-conditioned comfort, while the kids watch DVDs in the sunroom. Lots of extras: boogie boards, outdoor toys, books & boardgames. Large, beautifully landscaped & fenced backyard with covered deck & BBQ (dining table for 8 guests), plus an elevated patio, maintained gardens & two level lawn areas. There's parking for four cars (two undercover) - or bring your boat! Linen included. DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE for stays of three or more nights; these aren't included in the prices displayed, so please ask.
- Ocean Views
- Free unlimited WI-Fi and Netflix; 2 TVs & DVD players
- 5 min walk to beach, cafe, park, shop
- Air Conditioning unit
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- Spacious interior with two big living areas
- Sleeps 8 people in three bedrooms
- Fenced backyard with views
- Parking for four cars, including two in garage
ALL FEATURES & FACILITIES:
- Front living room & adjoining balcony have ocean views
- Two separate living areas, both with TVs & DVD/Blu-Ray players.
- Both living rooms have big TVs with Netflix
- Both living areas have plenty of comfy sofas for everyone
- Workspace in front living room (desk, chair & task lamp)
- Plenty of books, games & DVDs to keep you occupied indoors
DINING & KITCHEN
- Full kitchen has wall oven, countertop hotplate, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, plus smaller appliances like a toaster, kettle & sandwich grill.
- All the kitchenware you’ll need, (also plastic tableware for kids & outdoors).
- Kitchen & dining room share a breakfast bar
- Gorgeous recycled oregon table seats eight (+ highchair if required)
- Dining room has a stereo system that will play your music (via bluetooth) as well as CDs & FM radio.
Bedroom 1: King Bed or two singles
Bedroom 2: Queen bed
Bedroom 3: King Bed and two singles, OR four singles
Theres super-comfortable mattresses on all the beds, with high-threadcount sheets, luxury doonas & plush blankets. Every bedroom has a ceiling fan & built-in closet, bedside tables & lamps.
BATHROOMS & LAUNDRY
- Two full new bathrooms, both stocked with fluffy towels
- First bathroom has a toilet, shower & vanity.
- Large second bathroom includes a ¾ bath (great for kids!) with an overhead shower, as well as toilet & vanity, washing machine & clothes dryer
- Air-conditioning (split system in front living room).
- Highchair and portacot/playpen stored in the house, for use by guests if required.
- Other helpful items include hairdryer, iron & ironing board, pedestal fan, clothes airer, heater & vacuum cleaner.
- Relax on the front balcony & enjoy the views
- Find a sunny or shady spot on the rear deck (its partially covered). Cook up a storm on the big gas BBQ and eat outside
- Two level lawn areas
- Fenced back yard
- Enjoy the ocean views from the elevated patio at the rear of the yard
- Lots of room for the kids to run around & explore
- Wide driveway easily accommodates two vehicles side-by-side. Guests can also use one side of the double-deep garage (2 cars or car+boat).
- Plenty of room in the garage to stash kayaks, bikes, etc.
- Rinse off after a beach visit under the handy outdoor shower
LOCATION & LOCAL AREA INFORMATION
Southerly Change is in Gerroa, a charming small town on the NSW South Coast, at the northern end of stunning Seven Mile Beach. Its gorgeous combination of ocean and rural views makes it a beautiful place for a getaway any time of year.
Drive from the centre of Sydney to Gerroa in under two hours (only 70 minutes from Sutherland).
Southerly Change is just a short stroll to Gerroa’s most popular spots:
Seven Mile beach - 350m - patrolled during peak times; ideal for young children with shallow, calm water where the river joins the beach. The beach & river are ideal for swimming, surfing, kayaking, windsurfing, stand-up paddleboarding, snorkelling, diving, boating & fishing. There’s a boat ramp nearby & canoe hire nearby.
Emery Park – 200m – shaded by towering Norfolk Island Pine trees and next to the river, this park has a playground, covered & uncovered tables, BBQs and toilets.
Seahaven Café & Blue Swimmer restaurant - 150m – has a delicious take-away menu, as well as award winning dining for lunch and dinner. Perfect place for a morning coffee, late breakfast or lazy afternoon tea.
Gerroa Post Office & General Store – 420m - it’s the only shop in Gerroa! Grab extra groceries, grab an iceblock or send a postcard.
Gerroa Fishermans Club – 550m – great food paired with stunning ocean views, always popular with locals.
WHERE CAN I GET GROCERIES & OTHER STUFF I NEED?
The nearby General Store is great if you just need a few basic items. For more substantial shopping, hop in the car & drive five minutes to Gerringong. You'll find a supermarket, cafes & restaurants serving local produce, and plenty of interesting shops.
WHATS WORTH VISITING IN THE LOCAL AREA?
Once you've explored Gerringong & its popular Werri beach, visit the delightful & historic seaside township of Kiama & the famous Blowhole - it's only a 15 minute drive. The charming rural towns of Berry (12 minutes) and Kangaroo Valley (35 minutes) are also worth a trip. Visit a nearby winery - the historic Coolangatta Estate is just 10 minutes drive, & Crooked River Wines is even closer. Enjoy magnificent scenery on the Coastal Track or one of the many other area walks. And the kids will be thrilled if you take them on the rides & slides at Jamberoo Action Park, just 30 minutes drive away.
WHAT CAN I DO IN COOLER WEATHER?
Gerroa is a great place to stay any time of year, and you'll find there's lots to do out of the water in the local area towns. If you really want to swim but the ocean is a little nippy, try the indoor heated pool at Kiama Leisure Centre. Explore local antique stores, galleries & wineries. Go for bicycle or horse rides or try out the scenic Gerringong golf couse. There's also bowls, fishing, tennis, squash, bird watching, walks, and plenty of restaurants for dining out.