Newly renovated, light and stylish self-contained studio. One hour drive from Sydney, ferry from Cronulla. Large bed-living room (4x6 m), kitchenette and bathroom, deck with lush garden outlook. Just 1-2 minutes walk to beaches, close to bush walks.
* Please note that current construction work on an adjacent block may cause noise on week days 7am-5pm.
The space is completely self-contained, with a queen bed, kitchen and shower room, and is ideal for a self-catering couple. It is not suitable for children or pets.
Please note that there is a 2 night minimum stay, 3 night minimum for long weekends and Xmas/NY period. Please check costs by entering your intended dates, as seasonal rates apply. Bookings accepted no more than 6 months ahead.
Guest access and facilities
Guests have their own access through the garden. Facilities include TV/DVD, ipod dock, CD player/radio and basic wireless internet. There are books, CDs, DVDs and board games for your entertainment. Linen and towels are included. The deck overlooks the garden, and there is a small private courtyard with gas BBQ.
We live in the main house on the same property and are available to answer any questions.
Bundeena is a unique village completely enclosed by national park and four beautiful beaches, yet still within the Sydney metropolitan area and only an hour away from city restaurants, galleries and concerts. In Bundeena you will find:
- Unspoilt beaches, with the opportunity to swim, kayak, snorkel or go fishing.
- Cafes, restaurants and regular live music at the local Bowling and RSL clubs (RSL currently closed for redevelopment).
- Talented artists who open their studios to visitors for the Art Trail held on the first Sunday of every month, along with the Monthly market day.
- Tennis courts, footy oval and dozens of bushwalk routes, with seasonal opportunity for whale-watching.
- The local ferry goes to Cronulla where there are cafes, restaurants, night clubs and surf beaches.
Search for 'visiting bundeena' for more information.
The drive to/from the city of Sydney is around one hour. There is a ferry to/from Cronulla ever hour until 7pm in the summer, until 6pm in the winter. From Cronulla you can get a train to the city - total trip around 90-120 minutes depending on connections. If arriving from the airport, take the train to Cronulla and then ferry to Bundeena, but car is easier and quicker.
Bundeena is easy to walk around, everything is within walking distance.
You can also do tours of Port Hacking by ferry.
Search on 'cronulla ferries' for Ferry information.
Other things to note
Minimal kitchen supplies (eg tea/coffee/milk/sugar) are provided, please bring other supplies. The local IGA is a few minutes walk away (near the ferry wharf) and is open 8am to 8pm every day for groceries, fruit and veg and liquor.