We participate in a Loon preservation project. A Loon habitat located off shore
All bedroom have a lake view. New carpet, paint, bedding furnishings. Fresh and clean. 1 twin/child roll out bed and bedding provided. Can be used in Master bedroom or Living room.
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
No pets - Please don't ask. No pets of any kind allowed. Please don't ask. No pets of any kind allowed.
No parties/events - This is NOT a party house. No kegs/drinking partyThis is NOT a party house. No kegs/drinking party
No smoking - NO vaping or smoking allowed in home.NO vaping or smoking allowed in home.
Max guests: 6
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
- We respect our neighbors. If a party house is what you are looking for, this is not it. Please discuss having visitors. Rental agreement required.
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
Minimum one-day vacancy between guests’ stays
High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant (e.g. countertops, light switches, handles and taps)
Cleaned with disinfectant
All towels and bedding washed in hot water that’s at least 60ºC
Only 4 miles from the summer time town of Battle Lake. Lots of restaurants, shops, candy store, antiquing, groceries. Only 4 miles from Battle Lake is the amazing Glendalough State Park. Fantastic biking and hiking paths. Just a few miles from the town of Clitherall with resturants, Art Gallery, Sportsman Bar
My name is Theresa. Although this home is new on the VRBO market, however, I am not new to the vacation rental business. I have operated 3 VRBOs. I have had VRBO #929779 (The Hawthorne Manor) in Duluth, MN since 2011. Feel free to check it out as a reference to me as a VRBO owner. My husband and I purchased this property in 2018 and we are thrilled to be able to share it as a vacation rental with others. My family has been on this lake for many generations (since 1940's). My mother grew up as a resort owner's daughter. My father's parents owned a private cottage near the resort and that is how my parents met ... the rest is history and my family has been on the lake since. I own another home about a mile away. I am happy to answer any questions you may have. I want you to have a wonderful time at the lake.
Theresa purchased this House in 2018
Why Theresa chose Clitherall
* * * We participate in the Clitherall Lake Association Loon preservation project. Each Spring we place a Loon habitat about 35 feet off our shore, and in fall we take it out. We hope to help foster a Loon family every year. * * * Clitherall Lake about 2500 acres and a maximum depth of 70 feet. It is one of the cleanest lakes in Minnesota. There is an abundance of fish - walleye, crappies, northern pike, sunfish, bass, and more. We catch them right off the dock day and night. Wonderful lot on 300' of lake shore. There are many loons on the lake. Eagles swoop over regularly, and an abundance of birds to watch. You have a 2 acre lot so plenty of space between other properties next to you. This property is a hidden gem on the lake.
What makes this House unique
Perfect location. Only a few miles from the fun summer bustling town of Battle Lake. Almost all paved road to get to the vacation home (so no long bumpy gravel before you get there). 2 adult bikes, 2 child bikes, and use of a canoe with life jackets included. This is a family lake...NOT a party lake...This lake is not suited for loud music, party drinking and reckless boating. Residents and vacationers at this lake enjoy peaceful mornings, afternoon water activities, families laughing and children playing, topped off with still nights listening to the loons. Although there are several resorts, ski boating and fishing, it is not overly crowded. Fishing and sightseeing and family fun are the main attraction on the water. Please keep our beautiful lake clean and infestation free...Do NOT bring in boats from invested waters that have Zebra mussels and like. Boats maybe inspected and subject to a fee by law for infested boats.