Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
3 Bedroom, 2 Bath, Sleeps 6
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Pets allowed - Small dogs, 25 lbs. max.Small dogs, 25 lbs. max.
Max guests: 6
Minimum age of primary renter:
- Please keep pets off the furniture and don't leave pet alone in the house unless it is in a crate.
- Please put items and furniture back where they were found before checking out.
The Rice Cottage is one block from downtown Southwest Harbor. You can walk to the grocery store, library, hardware store, gift and clothing stores, great restaurants or rent a bike across the street at Southwest Cycle. The Island Explorer bus can be caught one block from the house and will take you all over Mount Desert Island. Acadia National Park is just a few miles up the road. A ferry and the mail boat can be a fun trip to see near by islands like Suttons, Great Cranberry and Little Cranberry Island.
Antiquing is fun in Northeast Harbor, Ellsworth and Searsport. Don't miss the Chicken Barn and The Old Creamery in Ellsworth.
Cummins or Diane Speakman
About Cummins or Diane Speakman
This property has been in our family since 1882. It was purchased by Anson I. Holmes from James A. Freeman. We still have the original deed.
Cummins or Diane Speakman purchased this House in 1882
Why Cummins or Diane Speakman chose Southwest Harbor
Julie Rice Speakman was the daughter of Anson Holmes and her son is the current owner Cummins (Jay) Speakman.
What makes this House unique
The house has a lot of charm and is furnished with New England antiques.