Know before you go
COVID-19 testing and quarantine requirements for travel are changing rapidly.Learn more
Popular Updated Pool House, 3 Bedrooms+Sofa sleeper, 2 bathrooms. Near beach!
* King Bed (2) : Two of the three bedrooms have king beds! The 2 king bedrooms are located on both ends of the house making this a great place for couples/families to share or lots of space for one couple/family! New designer bed linens. The master bedroom has a walk-in-closet, desk and high speed internet access throughout house for guests who bring laptops. - second bedroom also with king bed * third bedroom with twin bed & full bed Good-sized closet and plenty of dresser drawer space for storage. Cable TV in bedrooms & family room. * queen size sofa sleeper in family room. Beach toy set. Basket of books, popular board games. Dressers and plenty of closet space in all bedrooms. New high definition LED flat screen TV. Guests often comment on the decor & many guests return each year!
Pool / Spa
- Bookings at this property are non-refundable.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - Kids must be able to swim well to stay here Kids must be able to swim well to stay here
No smoking - No smoking inside or outside anywhere on grounds No smoking inside or outside anywhere on grounds
Max guests: 8
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
- Up to 2 cars max in private driveway. No street parking (city tows) or oversized vehicles. Take trash curbside on 2 pickup mornings.
- Swimming pool closes at 9 PM due to city noise ordinance at night. No student groups. No noisy gatherings. Keep to normal conversation level.
- Always tightly close pool gate & back doors. Always supervise kids. No lifeguard on duty. No diving, no running, horseplay, yelling. Swim at own risk
All towels and bedding washed in hot water that’s at least 60ºC
Cleaned with disinfectant
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant (e.g. countertops, light switches, handles and taps)
Follows industry health association: SafeHome (VRMA and VRHP)
Hosted by Amy McDermott, Owner/ManagerAsk a question
About Amy McDermott, Owner/Manager
My husband and I met in near-by Longboat Key Florida years ago. We discovered the ultra-charming Venice Island area about ten years ago - one of the best kept secrets in vacation destinations! Now we have many guests hooked on Venice Island's unique appeal.
Amy McDermott, Owner/Manager purchased this House in 2005
Why Amy McDermott, Owner/Manager chose Venice
Location, location, location! Villa Sorrento guests can walk to the Gulf of Mexico, Fishing Pier & popular Sharky's Tiki Bar/restaurant in 6 minutes! Or guests can take a longer walk to the Historic district with charming shops, restaurants including the new very popular Daiquiri Deck restaurant & bar; tennis & shuffleboard courts, fantastic theater, parks, playgrounds; & amazing ice cream. The new library, Community Center & Art Center are all on our street and guests can drop in these great places as they head to Venice Avenue. Kids can run through the children's fountain on Venice Ave. & enjoy finding pre-historic sharks teeth for everyone in their class! Teens & guests of all ages can participate in numerous watersports with nearby rentals of SUPs, kayaks, parasailing, boats, scuba diving, etc. There is so much to do close to Villa Sorrento or you can chill out and do nothing but relax:).
What makes this House unique
Our talented interior designer has renovated this Venice Island pool house so that it is very inviting, and not like a typical rental place. We think you will feel right at home at our popular Villa Sorrento! The central Island location has been great. Our guests love how the new private pool turned out with the multiple fountains water feature, massage therapy jets in swimout, cool Cancun Blue water color. We treat our guests like family! We are proud that many guests come back each year as their family tradition. Each guests receives our updated guest guide with the inside scoop on best restaurants, local activities, etc. so they can feel like a local. * Prime location! - Venice Island was just featured in "Coastal Living Magazine" as one of the Best Seaside Towns in the US! In a prime, quiet Venice Island setting, Our vacation house is one of the very few legal short stay vacation houses - for stays under 30 nights - in this highly desired beach town! * Don't risk booking an "illegal short stay rental place" which can easily fall through. Be safe and choose a local leader in upscale vacation house accommodations with more than a decade experience in providing top hospitality service!