Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
Gite 1 (2 Bedrooms, sleeps 2 to 4)
Heated, covered pool & hottub
Pool / Spa
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Cleaned with disinfectant
Bordeaux - Dunes of Arcachon, just over 2 hour drive.
Rivers & Lakes – many of the local lakes have beaches, some with slides/swimming platforms and lifeguards during the high season.
It is an easy journey from the UK whether by car or plane.
By Car: We are approximately 350 miles from St Malo and 500 miles from Calais & Boulogne.
Both are easy journeys using the excellent French motorway network. If you'd like us to recommend a simple route - just ask.
Bergerac – 35 minutes with direct low cost flights from Stansted, Liverpool, Birmingham, Leeds, Southampton or Bristol.
Bordeaux – 2 hours direct flights from Manchester, East Midlands (Nottingham) and Gatwick.
We are ideally situated to enable our guests to enjoy our peaceful location yet be within easy reach of all the main tourist activities, shops & restaurants:
Cendrieux – 800 metres - restaurant, village shop, bar/tabac, post office.
Le Bugue – 15km/15 mins – tourist activities, restaurants, numerous supermarkets & weekly market.
Vergt – 10km/10mins – supermarket, markets & restaurants.
Les Eyzies - 20 kms/20mins – pre-historic caves & museums.
Sarlat - 40 kms/45mins – famous medieval town.
The Dordogne offers something for everyone:
Peace and tranquillity or plenty of activities, fine wines and cuisine, rivers and stunning countryside, hundreds of years of history and even a golf course nearby. Perigord Noir is the heart of the Dordogne offering a variety of landscapes, flamboyant chateaux and the centre of prehistoric history. All the main attractions are within easy reach - of which these are just a taster:-
• The vineyards of Bergerac, Bordeaux and St Emilion are within easy reach and regional delicacies include - truffles, foie gras, duck, walnuts and strawberries.
• For the energetic the rivers and stunning countryside offer are boundless opportunities for walking, horse-riding, cycling, golf (4km), canoeing and fishing or simply relaxing by the pool or on the shores of the many lakes and rivers. The Dordogne & Vezere rivers are just 15 minutes away.
• Hundreds of years of history - Prehistoric Caves – the world famous Lascaux caves are nearby, Châteaux and fortified villages. Beynac & Castelnaud Castles – are fine examples originally dating back to the 100 years war between France & England
• Some of the most beautiful villages and towns in France are within easy reach – Perigueux (regional capital), Sarlat, La Roque – Gageac, Rocamadour
• Le Bugue - aquarium, re-created village, canoeing, caves
• Bastide towns - Lalinde, Monpazier, Eymet.
• Excellent shopping - Enjoy shopping the local way at one of the many local markets, or for your day to day requirements there are also numerous shopping opportunities minutes away in Le Bugue, Vergt, and the regional capital Perigueux. Not to mention within Cendrieux itself which has a mini supermarket which is open 7 days a week - supplying all the essentials including fresh bread, fresh fruit, vegetables and wine and beer. There is also a bar/tabac and a post office.
Alex & Alison Wright
- english, french
About Alex & Alison Wright
We've been married 27 years (how time flies when you're having fun). We moved to the area in 2003, after redundancy, in search of an "adventure" and to escape the City rat race. We've never looked back. We live here permanently, absolutely love the life and the area. So much so, that all our family now live in France within 30 minutes of us. None of us would even contemplate going back to the UK, it's great to visit, but for us, this is home. We went from being bankers to builders, creating the gites, to running our own business and love every day. We also love our free time during the winter, to go on holiday, whether it's cruising or diving or both. Or the odd building project for the family. Life is never dull and now we're doing it all over again. WE (Alex and Alison) LIVE DISCREETLY ON SITE WITH NELLY OUR GENTLE DUTCH SHEPHERD DOG. She is head of guest relations & gets more comments than we do. We’ve had many guests return because the children want to see Nelly. Sorry because of Nelly, we don’t accept pets.
Alex & Alison Wright purchased this Barn in 2003
Why Alex & Alison Wright chose Cendrieux
The property is set in stunningly beautiful rolling countryside. It's incredibly peaceful, yet just minutes away from all the most popular tourist attractions. It's also within easy reach of the major towns - the regional capital Perigueux, Sarlat and Bergerac, very handy for the airport. Cendrieux is a working village, with lots happening throughout the year. We even have night markets in summer. We wanted a challenge to renovate a property and that's what we got. It was a steep learning curve, but great fun and now we really enjoy seeing the pleasure on every one's face as they walk through the gate. An estate agent rang last week to see if we're interested in selling - I said "nobody could offer us enough money, we feel like we've won the lottery".
What makes this Barn unique
Peace, tranquility, yet amazing facilities. We don't know anyone else who offers the same range for the same price; Fully equipped kitchens (we challenge you to find anything we have forgotten), air-conditioning, heated and covered pool, hot tub/jacuzzi, plenty of bathrooms and very comfortable beds! New visitors often comment how the Gites look and feel new, even after 12 full seasons. We provide a very personal service, if you want it. Recommending restaurants (and booking them), places to visit - how to make the most of your stay. This year 50% + of our guests are repeat visitors, some of whom booked 12 months ahead, sometimes before they'd even left. That says a massive amount about the holiday we offer.We promise you won't be disappointed.