Open concept bedroom (pillows and linens are provided): - One queen size bed - One queen pull-out couch
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 4
Minimum age of primary renter:
- We kindly ask to respect the beauty of Whispering Pines Retreat. Thank you!
The short journey from St.Marys, Ontario’s stone town, will take you to your own oasis, away from everything. Whispering Pines Retreat is just 10 minutes from St.Marys, 20-30 minutes from London and 2 hours from Toronto.
- Trail Walking – Approx. 1.5 km through the bush
- Swimming in the Pond – Swim at your own risk (NO Lifeguard on Duty)
- Biking – Along the wooded trail and on back country roads (bring your own bike and helmet)
- Bird Watching – Blue jays, mourning doves, finches, cardinals and more
- Billiards & Ping Pong – Enjoy a friendly game of pool or ping pong
- Snowshoeing – Snowshoes are provided
- Watching the Sunset – Relish the breathtaking sunsets at the back of the property
- Info on Parks, Walking & Biking Trails in St.Marys, ON
- Info on Geocaching, Hiking, Walking & Biking Trails at Wildwood Conservation Area, St.Marys, ON
- Info on Fishing & Boating (Canoe, Kayak & Paddle Boat Rentals) at Wildwood Conservation Area, St.Marys, ON
- Info on Hiking, Walking & Biking Trails at Fanshawe Conservation Area, London, ON
- Info on Fishing & Boating at Fanshawe Conservation Area, London, ON
- Info on Canoe, Kayak & Pedal Boat Rentals at Fanshawe Conservation Area, London, ON
- english, french
About Gail Kenworthy-Forman
The white pine, spruce, cedar and black walnut trees were planted over 30 years ago on this 27 acre property. Originally, these trees were planted to be harvested. We are thankful that never occurred, so that we were able to build our home, enjoy the serenity of the property every day and able to call this retreat ‘home’.
Gail Kenworthy-Forman purchased this Chateau / Country House in 2013
Why Gail Kenworthy-Forman chose Perth South
Whispering Pines Retreat can be found on a 27 acre bush lot, complete with fully grown white pine, spruce, cedar and black walnut trees. There are also oak, maple, cherry, elm and other tree species growing throughout the bush. In season, you can eat wild raspberries everywhere.
What makes this Chateau / Country House unique
The 12 foot deep pond can be enjoyed by all. It is a clean fresh water pond. You can sit on the deck, on the bench beside the pond or lounge on the beach. Feel free to relish the pond surroundings and the path that leads to the pond. At night, listen to the sounds of a few of nature’s wonders…the harmonious sound of frogs and crickets singing and talking. Please Note: Swim at your own risk! No lifeguard on duty! Parents are responsible for their children!