As you step onto the ferry at Church Point, you are suddenly surrounded by the sparkling blue waters of Broken Bay and a lush dark green silouette of the Ku-ring-gai National Park. This is a beautiful, unique and magical place where life revolves around the water and bush and, although only 50 minutes from Sydney, it feels a million miles from everything.
Pittwater Cabin is on the northern side of Scotland Island and it sits perched a few metres above the waters edge, nestled among the spotted gum trees and with a view that can draw the gaze of comfortably ensconced weekenders for hours. It has its own private boatshed for entertaining down by the water and a jetty for swimming and accessing all the water activities on your door.
The log cabin is a cosy retreat with luxurious finishes, from cashmere blankets to stone benchtops and a full chef's kitchen (including cookbooks by Karen Martini and Marcella Hazzan to inspire you). There's beautiful eclectic art, rare tribal artefacts, and the furniture is custom designed and handmade by Greg Hatton.
The property would happily accommodate two couples in the main house and a couple in the boat shed. This is the perfect side of the island to try your hand at sailing or a myriad of watersports on offer, or explore the private beaches, coves, waterfalls and walking tracks of the magnificent Ku-ring-gai.
Here you can choose to retreat from the world with wine, delicious meals and a good book or engage with all that's on offer.
- Modern stylish waterfront log cabin on Pittwater
- Private boatshed and jetty with direct water access
- 50 mins from Sydney CBD (Scotland Island is accessed by ferry or water taxi from Church's Point or seaplane direct from Rose Bay - by arrangement, the seaplane will land in front of the house and drop passengers at the jetty)
- Pet friendly, fully fenced
- Stunning northern views of Pittwater (up to Palm Beach) and the Ku-ring-gai
- Nearby activities: sailing, kayaking, swimming, waterfront restaurants, cafes, pubs (Newport Arms) and art galleries, golf (Palm Beach and Bayview), horseriding (Terry Hills - Samurai Park), northern surf beaches (Palm Beach is 5 mins by boat)
- Property sleeps 6
- Custom designed furniture by Greg Hatton
- Cashmere blankets by Jac + Jack
- Chef's kitchen with crockery by Samantha Robinson
- 3 bedrooms (1 queen bed, 1 double bed, 1 loft in boatshed with double)
- 2 bathrooms (1 in house and 1 in boatshed)
- large front and back deck for entertaining
- wood fire for cold and rainy days
- large plasma TV and tons of DVDs
- iPod docking station with Bose speakers
- laundry: washer/dryer
- 2 single kayaks
Pets allowed by prior special arrangement. The property is fully fenced. A $50 pet fee applies.
- Cooking Facilities
- DVD player
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Ironing Facilities
- Open Fireplace
- Washing Machine
Note: Pricing is subject to change, and a minimum stay period and other conditions may apply. You should confirm pricing with the property owner.
Prices listed based on 6 adults. Property has 3 beds and can sleep a maximum 6 people.
Request a booking or make an enquiry
Your chosen property…
If you would like to call the property, the property's phone number will be displayed on screen and emailed to you as soon as you complete this form.