Overall, property was fine. Not close to beach though.
Overall, we enjoyed the house and location. However, there are a few things to be aware of:
1. When we arrived the house smelled badly (like rotten trash)
2. The trash bins (recycle and regular trash) were full and smelled badly. The recycle bin was not picked up by the trash company. The regular trash was picked up.
3. There was dog hair on the furniture in the great room.
4. The floors and deck were unclean. Appeared someone had just done a cursory sweeping.
5. We had to change the batteries in two of the tvs.
6. The Tv and remote are not at correct height in the great room - have to stand up to change channel.
7. There were only 4 coffee cups, not enough.
8. The kitchen trash can doesn't close.
9. Gate latches are rusty and hardly operable.
10. There is poison ivy at back gate and in bushes around front landscape.
11. Fan needs to be added to back deck to make the space usable.
12. One of the back step treads (near deck) is cracked and potential hazard.
13. Dog poop was left in yard by previous tenants.
14. Not enough outside chairs and one of the plastic chairs is broken.
15. Rug in master has pet stains.
16. Rusty vent /air supply near toe kick in master bath.
17. Exhaust fan in powder room needs to be cleaned.
18. Kitchen fan is not vented to outside and doesn't remove food odors.
19. Need to list grill, kayaks and paddle board as option on the Homeaway site. We brought our own which was unnecessary, as it turned out.
20. Need throw blankets and area rugs in great room.
21. Lightbulb out in upstairs bath.
Thank you for your feedback, Diane. We are very sorry to hear that the property was not up-to-par during your stay and have made notes of your suggestions for the owners to update over the fall months. We have also made notes to cover with the housekeeping crew to make sure they double check while they clean this home. We truly hope you will consider visiting with us again soon and giving us the opportunity to make your next visit a 5-star stay. - The Access Realty Team
Stunning view of the sound.
First the positives: The well built home in a beautiful neighborhood is a remarkable place. Well set up for our dogs and we appreciated the fenced yard, deck, and sensible furnishing that were both comfortable and durable. The décor was eclectic and playful with lots of beach art and décor. The feeling was right. Kitchen well planned and mostly well equipped. Negatives: the maintenance is not good. What a shame to allow this house to decay like this. HVAC didn't work, so we checked the filters and they were totally clogged both upstairs and down. Went to the store and got new ones, and bingo...all worked fine. Kitchen needs coffee cups(3 cups for a house this size is just not right!), and a hot mat for cooking. Minor details unless you are the one that didn't get a cup when the house "sleeps 12". This is a 3 bedroom house with a sunporch that has no secure door. It's not a 4 bedroom! Open loft.....not a bedroom! It has 3 conventional beds, K(1), Q(1), F(1), so all remaining are futon, sofa bed, swing, trundle. Back stair is rotting and dangerous. Dock is in bad repair and seat is dangerous; access was overgrown and we had to prune away over hanging vegetation to walk onto the dock. Advertised two kayak(one has a hole in it) and one paddleboard (with no paddle). These are all simple maintenance things to fix and it is sad to be disappointed. Overall we enjoyed the house and the view, general amenities. I will say that I rented through VRBO to avoid rental agencies, and immediately after booking got transferred to one. Long contract with all kinds of changes to the program, including check in time and no guarantee of any working air conditioning. I think that is just ridiculous! So I will be careful to make sure I am dealing with an owner operator in the future and not a realty company. Properly maintained and with a personal manager, this could be 5 stars.
Thank you for your feedback, Cornelia. We apologize as we have processes in place to try our best to prevent these issues from interrupting your stay and that process clearly failed this time. We have made note of all of your suggestions and maintenance remarks to address this off season with the owners and maintenance staff. We also suggest to all of our guests at check in to report such discrepancies to our office during their stay so that we may remedy any issues and salvage the remainder of your vacation. We truly hope you will reconsider renting with us again in the future so we can provide you with a 5-star stay next time. -The Access Realty Team