3 bedrooms, 2 baths, living room, kitchen / dining room, shady garden, private pool
- english, french, spanish, italian
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 11:00 am
100% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Most amazing house architecture.
To start with, the house in Cursi is one of the most amazing house architectures we´ve ever seen and will stay in our hearts for a very long time. We had a small dog that we could bring which we were very happy about. Having that said, there is a lot of things to have in mind before renting it. Unfortunately, there is more minus than plus to consider. We have been renting houses, worldwide, many times before and have some experience in this particular area of interest and have some good comparisons to make. The list of negatives that should be considered is based on experiences of renting other houses all over the world and the experience of Italy where we have been having holidays the last 50 years.
1. The house is way too expensive for the below coming bullet points.
2. Far away from the beach or a bigger city, approx.. 25-30 minutes by car.
3. No Wifi. No coverage at all inside. You can only receive email/phone calls in the garden.
4. The vacuum cleaner is very poor, impossible to clean with!
5. Mildew/mold/must in the old fireplace in the bathroom which made a very bad smell. Not to recommend somebody allergically.
6. No microwave. Could be great if you have small children.
7. The pool is extremely small, that is okay but it was very dirty. At all other places, we´ve been to, there has been a pool boy arriving every second day to clean the pool and having in mind its placed under trees it gets full of animals and leaves.
8. Cursi is small but seems to wake up after 10 pm. Nighttime the traffic is horrible and the cars are driving like crazy creating a lot of noise.
9. Cursi is totally dead before 7 pm, has nothing to offer. After 7 pm, a few pizza places. It is almost scary daytime because you see no human beings and everything is closed between 10 am and 7 pm.
10. No wine or champagne glass. Drinking beer of wine from a glass made for milk and children is a bit sad considering the rent!
11. There is no private parking. Difficult to find a parking spot close to the house.
12. The information regarding emptying of garbage is poor. So we had to keep all the garbage in the garden!
13. The garden was poor and unfortunately dirty. No real sun beds. No chairs to the outside table, the pool toys were broken. This could easily have been a lot better. Again, considering the heavy rent.
14. No air-condition. Extaremely hot and high humidity inside.
We were sorry that there were so many things about our home, and Salento, that you appeared not to like. I have to say, I wonder whether it was really the right holiday destination for you. Salento is not Sweden, and things are different there. That's part of what travelling is about. So no one puts air conditioning in a house with thick stone walls that do actually keep out the heat; you’re not going to get private parking in a house in a Salento village (though you can park 20 metres away); and yes, in the summer, life starts up in the evening. But many of the things you didn’t like were absolutely clear from the advertisement, and one or two of your other gripes were not quite honest or true. In the end though, we hope you did actually enjoy your holiday; we love our home, and Salento, and yours is the first unhappy letter we’re received.
Alogne restaurant a few steps from P.zza Centrale
Ristorante da Fabio in Zollino