- english, Mandarin Chinese
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date.
A functional property in a fantastic location.
This property is in a terrific location close to Front Street but still elevated enough to have great views. We had a family of 4 (2 Adults 2 Kids) plus another adult couple staying at the property so it was perfect for us with the 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Our only gripes are as follows:
1. The bathrooms are tired and as a result didn’t feel like they were totally clean. We perhaps need to cut them some slack given the climate.
2. The premises aren’t that secure. We locked ourselves out once and were able to get in by simply lifting a screen door out of its tracks to dislodge the latch ( without damaging anything).
3. The air conditioning in one room didn’t work properly.
4. The clothes dryer was filthy - we couldn’t use it as it left lint all over the clothes put in it, despite leaning the lint filters. We had to rig up a mike shift clothes line on the balcony.
With all of these things fixed we would rate 5 star.
In need of an upgrade
The house is big enough and in a good position. Unfortunately the beds are double, very small, and the blanket provided was a single, so one of you went cold. The bed was also old and saggy. It felt like the owners had put their old furniture into the holiday home. Also limited plates, cutlery and cups. Coffee machine but no coffee pods, and a very small amount of tea and condiments. Bit below par compared to Hamilton island holiday homes
We appreciate your feedback.
The beds are King singles, Queens or Kings depending on how you have them made up. But Yes we should have definitely had better blankets. Unfortunately when groups come and stay between a few properties things get moved around and constantly go missing. The guests before you hadn't mentioned anything and the cleaners must have missed this item. I personally went out this weekend and purchased half a dozen more blankets for the island. Nothing worse than being cold.
I'll check when those beds were last replaced as again no one else had mentioned anything.
All the furniture is new as of 4 years ago.
The coffee pods you purchase from the IGA on island as there are so many flavours to choose from and we found most expired before they were used so do not supply these anymore.
All feedback is valuable for us as we want guests to have the best holiday possible. I'll definitely be sending this to the owner so he can address the issues.
Again we sincerely apologise and had we known you were so unhappy would have done out best to have your requests as best we could.
You also have your own laundry and all linen is supplied allowing you to stay for as long as you want. A complimentary 4 seater electric golf buggy to get you around and your own private garage to store it in. This villa sleeps up to 8 people with lounge folding out into a double bed and really is outstanding value.
For the little ones we have port a cot, high chair and stroller.