7 Bedroom, 4 1/2 Bath, 2 living rooms, 2 decks, screened in Gazebo
Why Mike Sytsma chose Rocky Mount
Our family has been visiting this property for many years. It is in a quiet cove and there is great swimming off the dock. By water it is very close to restaurants that we enjoy. It offers enough room that a large group can stay together but still have some privacy.
What makes this House unique
Some of the unique benefits to our home include: Gazebo over the water, two large decks, patio with a hot tub all over looking the beautiful cove.
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 11:00 am
100% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Property is great location on the water but we have big vehicles and it was tight. Needs more lighting to the dock but overall it was a wonderful time
Great place for large groups
Fun family time
Once I figured out how to get ahold of the owner.. all went smooth. Vrbo was slow in responding and not very helpful on trying to figure out when I would out more about how to enter the property. They also dont tell you when you will get your deposit back. 10 days later and about 10 emails from them with nothing about the deposit.
Over all was a nice place
Served us very well. Lots of room. Owner could do a better job of maintaining the property. Just a lot of little things that needed attention. Property manager was GREAT
1. Accurate description of property.
2.. 7 'Real' Bedrooms - no closets, garages or living rooms called bedrooms.
3. Plenty of bathrooms, never had to wait and everyone felt like they had their own.
4. Plenty of parking, could have easily parked 6-7 cars if we had that many.
5. Two large decks, we only used the top deck but it was giant.
6. Three covered areas. It rained one day and we could still be outside under cover.
7. It felt really private. Many homes were around but the way the trees and road situated it felt really private.
8. Expansive lake view. Great view
9. Large dock. Plenty of room to hang out, swim, room for chairs, water toys etc...
10. Terrific, friendly care takers. A couple that lives nearby looks after the place and you couldn't find two nicer and more helpful people.
11. Close to coconuts. If you like that place it's a quick trip to get there.
The one and only downside for us (maybe not for you) is location on the water. If you want to visit the many of the bars/restaurants besides Coconuts it's about 5 miles to the main channel. It's also about 20 minutes to the city. There is a Dollar General and a couple bar/restaurants that are maybe 7-8 minutes away, but its about 20 minutes to get to Bagnell Dam and then whatever the distance from there to where you are going. So if you want to run to a grocery store, have pizza delivered, go to a restaurant, etc... you have to consider the drive on the typical windy roads of the area.
In summary we loved it and will be booking it again.
Cozy place to stay
Nice place to stay, clean, quiet area, good access to water. Furniture was a little worn, issues with water pressure. Had everything we needed for our stay. Communication with property manager was awesome, took care of problems quickly.