Villa in Hampton Lakes, Davenport, Florida, USA - Peaceful location, close to amenities and parks
Myat & Kan
About Myat & Kan
We're medical doctors from Mancheseter, renting our own home to the guests. We bought this villa as our home away from home as we love everything about Florida! We hope you'll enjoy staying there as much as we do. We're flexible with the departure time. Just contact us for more details.
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Good area not too far from major theme parks
Great location, good leisure activities pool , games room, tennis and basketball courts. Plenty of crockery , cutlery, cooking utensils and linen. New outside seating cushions delivered first day of our stay. However there were a few small issues but overall we enjoyed our holiday.
Had a lovely stay at your villa! A very nice location in a quiet neighbourhood with a Publix just down the road for easy shopping.
The villa was clean and comfortable and we found the management company was quick to respond to any questions or problems.
A big plus was the wonderful view over the lake... great for relaxing and watching the sunset in the evening.
Many thanks Steve for your wonderful review. You're definitely welcome back anytime to stay there again and thanks for being the perfect guests too.
Clean and comfortable -small problems solved very quickly - plenty of bed linen, towels and kitchen equipment. Stunning view over lake - only small problem swimming pool did not appear to be cleaned during our stay.
Although switches missing on washer this was not a problem.
Thank you Hazel for your wonderful review. You're definitely welcome back any time to stay there again. I will look into your pool comment and make sure that they do a better job ( Please can you call our management about this and they will take care of ii if it ever happens again in the future ).
We had a problem with the refigerator (freezer didn’t freeze), and after a couple of unsuccessful service calls, they brought out a new refigerator. Manager was very responsive.
The property was clean, and the view was very nice. Would have given it five stars if the freezer had been working from day one.
Thank you for your wonderful review. We apologise for the inconvenience caused during the days when the freezer was not working. We hope you had a wonderful time in spite of that.
Dated and broken
So very sad to write this buts it's our experience and we paid a lot of money to stay for 3 weeks so expected so much more .
Location is great in a nice complex with great lake views.
Owners and management quick to respond to issues raised.
I will list the most disappointing but there were so many
Patio doors impossible to open had to use a knife on the lock as it's broken
No security bar on patio it's broken off
Patio blinds broken and has slats missing
No pool security net a nightmare for special need kids
Pool was jerky when pointed it out told concrete was painted grey so it was ok. Several days later 2 large solid blocks appeared in the pool and took 2 days to dissolve. No idea what it was so wouldn't let kids in pool . Guess it was a chemical because pool much cleaner
Several mesh panels broken so pool area full of bugs. Pool guy arrived said he couldn't do it but then did after I complained.
Patio furniture is very old looking dirty and torn in places. I don't mean sun damaged I mean very dirty this was then power washed but made no difference.
Washing machine and tumble dryer has knobs missing
There is 2 and 3 seater sofa and one armchair so 10 guest can't sit
Master bedroom head board is wedged against the wall big old heavy thing that flatters every time you move. This is the same for other head boards too
4 over head bulbs in light fitting only one worked we purchased new and fitted them
All the comforters in beds are so old and dirty looking horrible
The wardrobes are full of old comforters they are in floors and all the over head racking so you can't use the shelving for storage
The garage is full of old tv's and new tv boxes and all sorts of boxes that need removing
Curtains are dirty dusty and water stained in lounge
Absolutely disappointed about this villa it needs a total reburshment
I have visited Florida 20 times and this is the worse villa I have ever had .
Thank you for your review but obviously, it's very sad to read it and to know what you thought of our villa. I feel the need to clarify a few things you pointed out. As you may be aware, we have excellent reviews from our past guests and in fact, even from the guests who were staying just before yourselves. As owners who live far away, we always try to improve our villa from the guests's recommendations and from our management team's advice. I will try to go through your concerns in order.
1. Once we knew about the sliding door not as smoothly operating, we have contacted the sliding door company who are fixing this.
2. Patio door blinds are actually new but due to being where it is and people using this door most often, we need to replace the slats quite regularly. We're planning of using different kind of blinds instead now for that door.
3. Pool cleaners have assured us that they only use safe cleaning products.
4. During your stay, there was a storm and a few mesh panels got torn. When the person came to replace them, he couldn't get hold of the right size of one mesh panel on that day and needed to come back again. But this was all fixed.
5. Pool furniture is of natural straw colour and 3 of them are only 1 year old. We are planning to replace the rest with more new furniture. The natural faded colour can unfortunately give the impression of being old. We have power washed them and they were at least not dirty.
6. Washing machine and tumble dryers are only 2 years old. Unfortunately, one of the past guests broke one of the setting knob for the load size and we are waiting for the parts to be replaced. It still is functioning as normal.
7. Light bulbs are normally replaced by our management team and all you had to do was let them know.
8. We just bought brand new comforters for the 2 queen rooms and it is not true that they are all old.
9. Master bedroom has a big walk-in closet with plenty of storage. It also has the dresser.
10. We just replaced all the bedrooms with flat screen TVs before your stay and our management team have not had a chance to throw away the old TVs from the garage yet. They will take care of them.
I understand there were 10 of you, 8 are children, one with special needs.
We always respect guests opinions and suggestions. But please be aware that our villa is in one of the older communities and the villas are not brand new. There are a few wear and tear issues that are commonly seen in rental homes of this age.
Very beautiful, clean and spacious home.
My family and I had a great time there!
We highly recommend it and we would definitely stay again next time we visit Orlando.
Many thanks for your great review and for being great guests too. We're so glad that you've enjoyed your stay at the villa. You're welcome back anytime!
Nearest beaches 50 miles.
20 minutes From Orlando International Airport.
The prestigious Hampton Lakes community is just 15 minutes from Disney World.
Publix supermarket, SunTrust Bank, gas station, Berry Town centre & CVS Pharmacy is just 3 mins drive from the villa.