Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
AUGUST SPECIAL — Late checkout Sunday of 3pm for NO EXTRA cost!!!
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Pets allowed - Small dogs only. Secure pet area upstairs on deck.Small dogs only. Secure pet area upstairs on deck.
Max guests: 8 (sleeps up to 8 adults) - Extra $20 p/p per night over 4 adults.Extra $20 p/p per night over 4 adults.
Minimum age of primary renter:
- No noise after 10pm as per Bass Coast bylaws.
Don't pay for your booking outside our website or app.
About Karen McQuilten
Wayne and I have four children and two grand children. Smiths Beach is a perfect location for our whole family to get together, relax and have fun. We love spending time at the beach or having a barbecue on the deck at Dolphin Cottage. Phillip Island is a great location with so much to do and we love being able to share our house with others.
Why Karen McQuilten chose Smiths Beach
I love being immersed in nature. Staying at Dolphin Cottage is like living in a tree house with wonderful views of the natural environment from all windows. I like to sit on the deck in the morning enjoying a cup of coffee and listen to the bird song and waves. If I am in the mood to read I will bring a chair onto the easement at the back and look at the farm where I can observe the birdlife that take advantage of the large dam. From time to time the cows will come to the fence and you can usually see wallabies in the mornings and evenings. Dolphin cottage is only a short stroll to the safe swimming and surfing beach which is patrolled by Lifesavers during the summer months. If you walk east along the beach at low time you can explore the rugged coastline and rock pools on the way to Sunderland Bay. If you are feeling energetic you can keep walking all the way to Cape Woolamai. Wayne is a keen cyclist and there are bike paths that connect Smiths Beach to Cowes, Rhyll and San Remo. One of the nicest rides is to Rhyll via Oswin Roberts Koala reserve and the Rhyll wetlands.
What makes this House unique
- Amazing birdlife - Wallabies viewed from the kitchen window at dusk. - Views of the farm dam - Views of the ocean - Sound of the ocean - Gourmet food and coffee selection from the general store 200 metres away. - Surf shop and surfboard hire next to the general store. - Grand Prix racetrack close by. - Great coastal walks. - One of the safest surf beaches 400 metres away. - Two living area so the kids can be entertained on the playstation. - Two bathrooms. - On site parking