* Please note - rate displayed is for 2 people staying in one of the Haven Spa Suites. Submit an enquiry for rates for more than 2 people. We require a minimum 2 night booking. Please do not submit a 1 night booking request.
Stonewell Cottages and Vineyards is a boutique waterfront retreat set on an expansive private vineyard estate in the heart of the Barossa. Only 1 hour drive from Adelaide and a short drive from the town of Tanunda, the accommodation offers peace, privacy and seclusion in an idyllic location.
The two suites and two cottages, surrounded by vineyard, all with lake views, feature cosy wood fires and luxury spa baths. The well equipped kitchens are stocked with fresh local produce for self-preparation breakfasts. Enjoy serene water views, still tranquil evenings and stunning vineyard sunsets.
The Haven Spa Suites, the Hideaway Cottage and Cupids Cottage are hidden away amongst the vines of Stonewell Vineyards, our 103 acre (42ha) vineyard property, overlooking a picturesque, private lake. It’s a tranquil world away from stress and hectic schedules, but just a short drive from wineries and restaurants, the ideal place to escape and rejuvenate.
Sleep amid the vines and wake up to a long, lazy breakfast. Unwind in your candlelit spa, de-stress with an indulgent in-room massage. Feed the friendly ducks, row to the island gazebo, relax on the sunlounges by the lake, take a guided vineyard tour around the property or a leisurely bike ride along the vine lined country roads. Enjoy a gourmet platter or BBQ in your private outdoor courtyard overlooking the lake. Sip a wine made from the vines surrounding your cottage as you watch the sunset over the water.
The best of the Barossa is on your doorstep; visit nearby Seppelstfield Road for boutique cellar doors, historic winery tours; premium dining at Appellation, Fino and Hentley Farm and daily cooking demonstrations at Maggie Beers Farm shop.
Escape, rejuvenate at Stonewell Cottages and Vineyards.
There are 2 suites and 2 cottages located on the same property in the same location. Each of the suites and cottages can be booked separately or the entire property, both suites and both cottages can be booked as one group booking to accommodate a total of 10 people. This is a self-contained, self-catering property. There is no onsite reception. Owners do not live onsite. Stonewell Cottages is not a family holiday destination. Our aim is to provide a peaceful escape for couples. Please read our children policy below before submitting an enquiry or making a booking.
Haven Spa Suite 1 and Haven Spa Suite 2 - is one cottage that contains two self contained suites, each with private facilities. Each suite has 1 x queen bed. Max occupancy is 2 adults in each suite.
Hideaway Cottage - is a 2 bedroom cottage with 2 x king beds - beds can be split into single beds. Max occupancy is 4 adults.
Cupids Cottage - is a 1 bedroom cottage with 1 x king bed - can be split into 2 single beds. Max occupancy is 2 adults.
The suites & cottages all feature the following:
- vineyard, lake, cottage garden views from all windows
- romantic candlelit 2 person spa
- cosy wood fire, wood supplied May - Oct
- private garden courtyard, Weber BBQ, sun lounges, outdoor setting
- comfy new king beds in Hideaway and Cupids, new queen beds in Haven Spa Suites
- fluffy bathrobes, L’Occitane guest amenities
- free Wi-fi
- living area with comfy lounges, new Smart LCD TV with free Netflix, Ipod dock, books, magazines
- stylish, well equipped kitchen, granite bench tops, Miele cooktop, microwave, dishwasher, Nespresso coffee machine, plus Miele oven in Hideaway and Cupids
- laundry facilities with washer/dryer in Hideaway and Cupids only
Generous provisions of local Barossa produce are supplied for self-preparation breakfasts for each morning including: fresh bakery bread, homemade jams, traditional smoked bacon, Barossa halloumi, free range eggs, tomatoes, cereals, orange juice, milk, condiments, yoghurts, pancake mix, maple syrup, fruit, selection of teas, Barossa Coffee Roasters coffee, Scullery Made Barossa Breakfast blend tea, Nespresso coffee capsules. Other inclusions: Barossa Decadence fudge and Barossa Country handmade biscuits, a decanter of Peter Lehmann port, 1 bottle of Barossa wine, L’Occitane guest amenities, use of row boats on lake, free Wi-fi and Netflix
MINIMIUM STAY POLICY
A minimum 2 night stay applies. A minimum 3 night stay is required on all long weekends. ** Please do not submit a booking request or enquiry for just a 1 night stay, as we do not accept these bookings.
THINGS TO DO
- row boats on the lake available for guests use at any time
- take scenic walks around the lake, guided vineyard tours available
- relax on the sun lounges by the lake, enjoy a picnic on the lawns
- feed the friendly ducks
- yabbie nets available
- gourmet regional food platters available
- bike hire available with bikes delivered to your cottage
- in-room massage or spa treatments available in the privacy of your own cottage
- central location - short drive to nearby wineries, restaurants, gourmet stores, cafes, shops and markets
- 1km from the start of the famous palm lined Seppeltsfield Road, scenic tourist drive with over 15 boutique wineries and cellar doors
- premium dining nearby at Appellation (1.3km), Hentley Farm (6km), Fino at Seppeltsfield (4km) with further dining options available in the town of Tanunda (4km)
- gourmet produce, tastings and cooking demonstrations at Maggie Beers Farm shop (4km)
- Barossa Farmers Market (every Saturday morning, near Angaston 8km)
- 4km to Tanunda, with shops, museums, galleries, cafes, restaurants, supermarket
- 10km to Tanunda Pines Golf course
- 15km to Kaiserstuhl conservation park for hiking, wildlife
Our aim is to provide a peaceful escape for couples only. Stonewell Cottages is NOT a family holiday destination. Due to safety issues associated with the close proximity of the lake to the cottages and the use of farm machinery used periodically around the property, as you are staying on a working vineyard, children can only be accommodated by special request at the discretion of the Manager. Children permitted in the Hideaway Cottage only. Infants less than 12mths of age at time of stay charged @ $25/nt (cot provided) Children 10yrs and older at time of stay charged @ full adult rate. (Children older than 12mths and younger than 10yrs at the time of stay cannot be accommodated) You must contact us by phone or email to request this prior to proceeding with a booking. Children and infants strictly not permitted in Haven Spa Suites & Cupids. Visitors of paying guests are not permitted to bring their children onsite.
Maximum occupancy for entire property is 10 persons. No extra guests permitted, there are no sofa beds or extra roll-away beds available. Stonewell Cottages and Vineyards is a private property. The use of the accommodation and grounds is for booked and paying guests only. Pets not permitted.
EXCESS CLEANING & DAMAGES
Smoking permitted outdoors only. Min cleaning surcharge of $50 if guests smoke inside. Guests must leave cottage tidy and in respectable condition. If extra cleaning is necessary a min $50 will apply. Any breakages or damages to goods and property guest must pay for on departure. For safety reasons, wood fires are not in use during the fire ban season 1 Nov - 30 April. For group bookings a Security Bond of $300 per room is payable, refunded after departure.