3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, floor area 140 sq m, 3000 sq m plot
Pool / Spa
- 0% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 0 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 0 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 6
- Call us on mobile phone 00351 938 478 670 when leaving the airport or approximately 45 minutes before arrival so that we can meet you at the villa
Everything that we needed
A beautiful villa in a great location
This was our third visit to Carvoeiro but our first stay at Casa Buganvila. The villa and grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The villa is spacious and very well equipped with plenty of outdoor seating and a generous sized pool. For us the area is perfect, nice and private in a residential area but not too far to restaurant hill. Our twice daily walk into the centre of Carvoeiro and back justified all the ice cream and cake! We hope to return to such a fabulous villa.
Great villa with everything you need
well kept and in walking distance of bars etc.
Everything we could have wished for. Beautifull location great views and lovely sunsets from the terrace. Quiet location with easy reach of the village and local attractions. Super equipped, a home from home experience. Will definitely return if we visit Portugal next year. thanks for letting us share your lovely villa.
A Love Affair?
We have just returned from our fourth holiday at Casa Buganvila and, unusually, we would like to write a review for the benefit of others. This is a lovely traditional villa set in extensive well tended grounds and we are already booked for our next holiday!
All three double bedrooms, plus the generous lounge open directly, via sliding patio doors with security shutters and fly screens (we haven't had mosi problems!), onto the large, covered, south facing terrace, which is ideal for outdoor dining and pre-dinner drinks. This terrace gives direct access to the enormous pool and pool terrace, ideal for swimming, sunbathing (beds all provided), barbecuing (built in bbq) and built-in alfresco dining. There are extensive views to the sea on this sunny, private, south facing pool terrace.
There is a good sized, well equipped kitchen, two full bathrooms (both with bath and over-bath showers), and a substantial dining hall which gives access to an enclosed, sheltered, patio, which, in itself, gives access to a large roof terrace. There is also a garage with electric door to keep your car cool.
The villa details as provided by the very helpful agents, Borboleta, are comprehensive and all equipment is in good order - if you have problems, they will sort it out! The photographs on the HomeAway site are also genuine and reflect accurately on the property.
Other issues, which should be kept in fair proportion are;
1. The location of the villa is great for us but you may find the walk to "restaurant hill" a little far (particularly if it's a bit warm!) and a rental car or taxi (which are plentiful and relatively cheap) might prove more practical. Incidentally, there are many good quality restaurants in the town - we particularly like A Marisqueiro (great bbq fish! and next door to the friendly Accordian sports bar!), Algarvia and Maxime - but you will no doubt find your own favourites!
2. TV and entertainment equipment in the villa is quite good but we would prefer more English TV channels, particularly for sport (having said that, we don't go there to watch tele!).
3. Depending upon time of year and prevailing temperatures, the villa is normally cool and comfortable (particularly if there is the usual light Atlantic breeze!). However, maybe for a villa of this quality and size, the installed air con, or part air con should be included in the price and not provided as an additional extra.
This is quite an extensive review - but it is genuine and we wouldn't be go
Carvoeiro has grown up around a small fishing village in the centre of the Algarve, 7 kms West of Portimao. The village has its own pretty beach, where small, restored fishing boats offer trips for tourists. There are lots of restaurants, bars and ever improving shops in town and surrounding countryside, plus one small disco open in the summer months only. There are no high-rise hotels or large apartment blocks in Carvoeiro. There are 3 golf courses within 10 Minutes drive Gramacho, Pinto & Vale de Milho. Tennis in Monte Dourado–3 Min Walk. David Lloyd’s& Rocha Brava Tennis Complexes & Fitness Centres 10 Min. drive. Boat trips from Carvoeiro beach to Grottos. Cliff walks by Algarve Seco.
Golf: Vale do Milho, a 9 hole par 3 course, is within walking distance. Two 18 hole courses - Vale de Pinta and Gramacho - are at Carvoeiro (5kms). 40% discount on green fees at Vilar do Golf, 20 minutes away. Championship courses are available at Penina (25 minutes) and Quinta de Lago (30 minutes). Many courses are within 30 - 40 minutes drive.
- english, german