House, 6 Bedrooms, 5.0 Bathrooms, (Sleeps 18)
Pool / Spa
100% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 18 (sleeps up to 18 adults)
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
spacious and beautiful
Thank you Kelly for your review. We hope to see you again soon.
Great Mom's Getaway
A great location for a large group of moms! The spa was an amazing addition to our stay, the house had plenty of comfortable beds, bathrooms and lots of room to spread out or hang together!
We had a great time. Very beautiful setting. Very spacious and well equipped.
Thank you Curtis for your review. We hope to see you again for future travels.
The Meadows House at Castleton
This spacious home is well suited for a large group or family. It's a large home with acreage and a fishing pond. The home is very comfortable with plenty of amenities. The bedrooms and hallways are quite large. There are two separate dining rooms, one off each side of the kitchen. The kitchen is fully stocked with cooking items, plates, bowls, coffee mugs, and silverware. There are 3 refrigerators and a freezer. The downside is there is only 1 TV with limited Direct TV service. The décor of the home is dated, but there's nothing wrong with it. The property managers are great people who went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The pool house with the steam room, sauna, are superb. If you like getting away from it all, this is a great place to consider.
Thank you James for the awesome review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will come back again soon.
Amazing property in relaxing setting
Great for a big group to spend a few days with top notch amenities. Would highly recommend, Connie is an amazing and responsive host!
Castleton Farms is ~60 miles southwest of Washington, DC, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and only a few miles from Shenandoah National Park.
Rappahannock County (and the neighboring Fauquier and Culpeper Counties) offer scenic outdoor adventures and unique shopping experiences, as well excellent cuisine and wine tasting at some of Virginia’s best artisanal wineries. Here’s just a taste of what you can do:
- Shenandoah National Park: hike, camp, or bike through this famous natural beauty, or take a car anywhere along Skyline Drive, the 105-mile scenic byway (18 miles, 30-minute drive)
- Copper Fox Distillery: tour and sample this local American whiskey (11 miles, 20-minute drive)
- The towns of Little Washington and Culpeper: visit these charming villages and historic landmarks (20-30 minute drives)
- Multiple vineyards and wineries with tours and tastings
- Civil War Trail: the Shenandoah Valley is home to more than 100 historic Civil War sites with colorful interpretive markers and historical information.