House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 7 Sleeps
About Randall Parks
Although I rarely have the opportunity to meet our guests face to face, I enjoy getting to know you through phone calls, email and correspondence. I am a family man who is grateful to have found a little piece of heaven in Park Place which we enjoy sharing with others who appreciate and respect the home and the area.
Randall Parks purchased this House in 2001
Why Randall Parks chose Empire
The story including pictures about Park Place, it's acquisition and renovation, is chronicled in a notebook at the house. I was a counselor at Camp Leelanau in 1964-68 experiencing some of the best summers of my life. The seed had been planted to return to Leelanau County Michigan.
What makes this House unique
Location, Location, Location
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 11:00 am
100% refund if cancelled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Best Lake Michigan bores!
Started looking for a vacation rental at least 7 months prior. This spot which we’ve never seen available had an opening! Clean, comfortable, well-stocked kitchen for cooking. Beautiful views of the beach while dining on the deck! Close to many of the National Park hiking trails and many other outdoor activities.
We have rented many places on the Leelanau peninsula and this place by far was the best well-kept homes. We highly recommend to anyone to quickly set a date to rent this home!
Thank you for your recommendation and review. It is gratifying to know that our guests appreciate the home and the area as much as we do!
Awesome vacation rental
Beautiful house, beautiful location! Easy walk to the beach and downtown. Gorgeous sunset views. Definitely would stay again!
My family loved staying here. Mr Parks got right back with me on questions I had. The location is great. We could walk everywhere we needed to go. The sunsets were beautiful! We definitely would rent this property again.
Thank you Scott for your kind words. It is gratifying to know that you enjoyed your time at Park Place Empire.
Had a great time, hiked the sand dunes and the bluff trail and went into TC for a wine tasting. Love Empire, would return.
Wonderful associations with an amazing location to all the activities we love.
Great vacation spot if you love hiking, swimming, biking, and kayaking like we do.
Best Vacation Property in Empire!
We go back to this wonderful property each year in September and enjoy every minute we are there. The view of South Bar Lake and Lake Michigan is breathtaking and we walk to the sunset every night. You will be very happy if you are able to stay at Park Place in 2018.
- Visitor center in Empire for the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park
- Museum depicting Empire's lumber and logging history
- Museum of early Lake Michigan boats at Glen Haven
- Old Coast Guard Station at Glen Haven
- Day trip to South Manitou Island leaving from Leland Michigan
- Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive just 5 minutes away
- Boat rental at the Narrows Marina on Glen Lake
- Swimming at North Bar or South Bar Lake
- Sugar sand beaches everywhere
- Hiking trails throughout the national park
- Bicycle the new Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail to Glen Arbor
- Canoe, raft, tube or kayak the Crystal River 8 miles to the north
or the Platte River 10 miles to the south
- Golfing the many area courses
- Tour the Leelanau County roads to Glen Lake, Glen Arbor, Leland,
Northport, Sutton's Bay and Traverse City
- Attend a concert in the amphitheatre located at Interlochen,
the nationally acclaimed school for performing arts. (25 miles away)
- Pick blueberries in late July, August and early September